Click Here to learn about the logo for Creswick
"A Living History"
Queen Victoria Bandstand
The Queen Victoria Bandstand is located in the main street on the southern side of the new Post Office and virtually in front of the Old Post Office. The Band Stand is a good place to observe Market Square, the large open area in the vicinity of the Cenetaph and the Old Post Office.
The Band Stand was built in 1897 to honour Queen Victoria in her diamond jubilee year. Local ladies led by Mayoress Mrs. Northcott raised the funds to build the structure.
Within 100 metres of the Queen Victoria Band Stand are many historic buildings along the Main Street (Albert Street) as well as Raglan Avenue and others.